Home

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Knitted Pouch



I made this a few weeks back. But the lining job was pending. Finally done with it. Again have added a zipper!!Yeah, the confidence is growing. I used a dishcloth pattern to make this. Knitted two and joined them. It took me so long to line it because I was confused how to do it. Saw Nima's clutch and decided that is how Iam going to do it.  First attached the zipper to the lining and then the whole thing to the pouch.


Have a secret to share. The ruffled part in the bottom was by accident. Maybe because of casting on loosely. I could have stretched it while seaming the edges. But I felt it looks better this way. So left it like that.

3 comments:

nima said...

wow...that looks lovely...oh...really goes well with your knitted shawl...hmmm....I think you are inspiring me to learn knitting..lol...

next time when you sew a lining purse...give it a lining, so that you can hide that stitching on the zipper..

Ninu said...

it looks great!!i've to learn knitting..

Sandy said...

It looks great! OK, I really need to take the plunge and try a zipper. I'm going to start with the small zippered pouch you posted about previously and see how it goes.. wish me luck!